Tuesday 31 May 2016

Cast off!

So - big day today. The cast came off. It actually wasn't the first time it had been cut off, because the cast has been too tight and too loose so I've had to have it re-done a few times. But this time it was off completely.

The process is not too scary as the tool they use doesn't hurt the skin even if it touches it, but it is a bit noisy. The staff had a nice line in sarcastic banter going on between them and the music they had on was good, so it went quite quickly.

The sorest part is the ankle itself which really doesn't want to bend and feels a bit as if it's being thumped internally each time I walk. Of course, I'm still using crutches and being very gentle with it, but I'm hopeful. I have an appointment for physio to follow up, so fingers crossed it will start feeling normal soon. They've also booked me in for a bone-scan to check for osteoporosis, which will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment